Like I said the other day, I have no idea what to expect. Not only do I not know how much of my material made the final cut, but I’ve no real concept of what the overall style of the show is, how it looks or what the other writers have contributed.
Some things I do know about my sketches:
- I’m pretty certain I’ve got some material in the show since they’ve invited me to the screening. Unless the plan is to get me up to London then refuse me entry while everyone else points and laughs. I’d like to think the BBC has better things to do.
- I’ve been told one series of sketches is one of the main-stays of the show – as far as I know there are two in each show; but who knows what changes have been made during editing?
- IMDb lists one of my characters in the cast list – Pippa Haywood of Green WIng fame, if anyone’s interested.
- At least one of the photos on the above invite looks like a still from one of my sketches; but it could be a coincidence.
Some things I know about other people’s sketches:
- There’s a dinosaur called Philip.
- There are a lot of clowns.
- And ninjas.
- Maybe even pirates too.
- Um … that’s about it.
Actually, I know quite a bit more than this having read the pilot script and seen a few bits and bobs; but I don’t want to give the game away. Suffice it to say, I’m really looking forward to the screening and can’t wait to see how it’s all turned out.